Tuesday, June 12, 2007

God will make a Way....


Acts 2: 17-18

"And in the last day it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; even on my male servants and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit and they shall prophesy. "

Last night I dreamed I was worshipping the Lord in song and He told me to stop focusing on singing and focusing instead on letting Him come in and fill me completely with His Spirit. The more He filled me the lighter I became and I was able to float around the room I was in. I was as light as a feather, unencumbered by gravity. I asked Him if I would be able to pass through the walls as well. He told me that was not to be until I had died and shed my earthly skin. I woke up praising God for the lightness I had experienced in my dream. My understanding was to pour out praise to God and to recieve back from Him His blessing and allow it to fill every corner and crevass of my being.

I have been so weighed down with concerns. It feels like I have been carrying a big bag of rocks on my back, and more rocks keep getting added daily to the bag. This week at the Western Pennsylvania Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church the keynote speaker emphasized repeated in his messages, "God will make a way!" I think last night, in my sleep, God showed me the way. Praise and continued humble acceptance of God's grace and Holy spirit. Below are the lyrics to a praise and worship song my husband sings. It bears reading, reciting and considering:

Blessed Be Your Name by Beth and Matt Redman

Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise.
When the darkness closes in Lord, still I will say,
Blessed be the name of the Lord,
Blessed be you name.
Blessed be the name of the Lord, Blessed be your glorious name.

Blessed be Your name in the land that is plentiful,
where the streams of abundance flow,
blessed be Your name.

BLessed be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk in the wilderness
blessed be Your name.

Blessed be Your name
when the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be your name.

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering.
Though there's pain in the offering.
Blessed be your name.

You give and take away
You give and take away.
My heart will choose to say
Lord blessed be your name.

No comments: