Monday, July 16, 2007

The Art of seeking the Healer



I could write this myself, in my own words, I could also attempt to rewrite the poetry "Stopping By The Woods On A Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost. What would be the point? The Rev. Larry Eddings of Wind Of the Spirit Ministries has put it, healing, so succintly that I feel no need. His own words stand. I encourage those of you who seek healing or an understanding of healing ministry to check out his website, the address is supplied at the end of this article. Read his testimony and what he has to say. Judge for yourself.

The Rev. Larry Eddings
Excerpted from a keynote address given at the 44th North American Conference held in Vancouver, British Columbia, June 19-21, 2002
"You see, when you're sick in the spirit, don't seek healing; seek the healer, seek to be in the presence of the healer. Healing is a serendipitous experience while being in the presence of the living Lord.
And when I learned to seek His presence and to allow His spirit to flow within me like a river of living water, I experienced spiritual healing.
Now when you're sick physically, you go to the doctor and the doctor writes a prescription and prescribes a therapy. The same is true for spiritual healing.
The Scriptures are our prescription book. And in the old covenant there is a phenomenal prescription that the Lord has written out for those who are spiritually sick. There are many of them, but this one especially you ought to get filled: "If my people who are called by my name will do these four things - humble yourself, pray, seek my face, and turn from your wicked ways - then I, says the Lord, will hear from heaven, forgive your sins, and heal your land" (II Chronicles 7:14).
What a prescription that is. All you have to do is take it. And don't do it just one time; take the whole course."
http://www.wosm-nw.org/pages/shop.html

Basically, seek the Giver not the gift. Trust that the Giver of all good things will give the most perfect and appropriate gift in His perfect time. It is hard to trust in God and not use our own logic, our own sense of how things are supposed to be. Trusting is the way of spiritual maturity. God will grant the grace to trust if we ask. If we ask and yield, God grants us the grace to trust that He will keep His Word, He cannot lie. Remember that and be at peace.

No comments: